Friday, January 15, 2010

Matt Reeves Let Me In Movie

Director Matt Reeves, who once brought us Cloverfield, has been working Let Me In, an upcoming fantasy thriller movie starring Kodi Smit-McPhee, Chloe Moretz, and Richard Jenkins. The film is actually a remake of Let the Right One In based on the novel of the same name by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Matt Reeves' Let Me In movie will be released on October 1, 2010.

Here's a first official teaser poster of Let Me In:
(Click on the poster to enlarge it.)
Plot:
"A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian."

Director Matt Reeves talks about his take on John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel:

"It's very much an Americanization of the tale that John Ajvide Lindqvist tells. The film touched me. And I read the book, which he also wrote, and it moved me too. It reminded me so much of my own childhood in certain ways. It's so much about that period of preadolescence, that feeling of being a child and of being bullied, the difficulties of growing up. It's such a beautiful coming-of-age story, in addition to being such a terrific genre story. One of the things I really wanted to do was find my own way into the story while still being very, very reverent to the beautiful film and to the wonderful story that they created. And so the story in many ways follows the same trajectory. I really wanted to put you, even more so, into the point of view of the boy and understand his childhood as vividly as it comes across in the book."
Director Matt Reeves

Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Moretz two rising stars in Hollywood. They're both damn talented and it's with impatience that I wait to see their performance in the movie Let Me In. And with Director Matt Reeves helming the project, I'm quite confident it's gonna be worth the wait!
:)

0 comments: